Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cold, Freezing, Dana Point


Last weekend, my family and I went to Dana Point, CA for a little getaway surf weekend. I am not a surfer, but I was excited to spend my weekend on the beach painting. However, it was sooooooo cold that I really wasn't that inspired to paint.  I struggled for a bit, and I must say I am not happy with this painting.  I must also admit that I usually only like to post my best drawings or paintings, but I think that as an artist, most of us deal with only so so work on occasion. Therefore I want to post this and maybe I will learn something from it, like not expecting perfectionism from myself with every piece of artwork. 

Does this even make sense?.....hmmmm.






Sun came out briefly on this shot.




Me, freezing cold waiting for my husband and daughter to come in from surfing.



My daughter Tatum and my husband Helmut, and my daughter Capri, boogie boarding in the sand.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

A great day at the beach. Everyone doing something they enjoy!

Debra said...

I like the painting. I think we are our own worst critics. It does sound like you had a wonderful weekend away. It's amazing what being near the sea can do for us.

Sharon Wagner said...

Perfection, that's a tough one for us all. But good job on your Plein (cold) air piece.